Notable Publications and Presentations
- Speaker: American Association of Attorney-CPAs Fall Meeting & Conference, “A Tax and Financial Analysis of the Trump Family Wealth Transfers and Accumulations,” upcoming November 2019.
- Speaker: Georgia’s Solo and Small Firm Institute Conference, “How to Navigate the New Tax Law Landscape,” September 2018.
- Speaker: “Tax Cut and Jobs Act of 2017- What the Estate Planner Needs to Know,” Atlanta Bar Association, Estate Planning & Probate Section, February 2018.
- Speaker: “Analysis of New Tax Law Involving Individuals, Estates, and Trusts,” Atlanta Bar Association, Estate Planning & Probate Section CLE, February 2018.
- Author: “Tax Return Dates are Changing for 2016,” The Mortmain, the official newsletter of the Estate Planning and Probate Section, Atlanta Bar Association, January 2016.
- Speaker: National Business Institute Conference: Top Estate Planning Techniques, “Annual Exclusion Gifting” and “Tax and Estate Planning for Pension and IRA Assets,” December 2015.
- Author: “2014 Tax Return Tips: The Affordable Care Act & 2014 Tax Returns,” The Atlanta Lawyer, January/February 2015. Web.
- Speaker: National Business Institute Conference “Probate Boot Camp,” August 2015.
- Speaker: “Estate Planning in an Era of Certain Uncertainty: The Tax Relief Act of 2010 and the Revised Georgia Trust Code of 2010,” West Georgia Health Foundation Planned Giving Seminar, May 2011.
- Speaker: “End of Year Tax Planning” Atlanta Bar Association, Sole Practitioner/Small Firm Section, December 2008, 2006 & 2000.
- Georgia Tech’s Tech2Nite, Business and Estate Planning Courses, 2006 & 2007.
- Speaker: “Accounting Income: Why Does It Matter and What Is It?” DeKalb Estate Planning Council Meeting, May 11, 2005.
- Speaker: “Probate: Beyond the Will,” State Bar of Georgia, Solo And Small Firm Institute CLE, Savannah, GA, October, 2004.
- Speaker: “Effective Uses of Trusts, Estate Planning for the General Practitioner: A Comparison of Wills and Trusts,” State Bar of Georgia, CLE, Savannah, GA, September 2003.
- Speaker: Managing Your Money Conference with Clark Howard (Represented GA Society of CPAs), 2002.
- Speaker: “Trusts,” Georgia Society of CPAs Estate Planning Conference, 2002.
- Speaker: “Effective Use of Trusts,” Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants Personal Financial Planning Symposium, 2001.
- Speaker: “Stock Options,” Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants Personal Financial Planning Conference, 2000 & 2001.
- Television Appearance: “O.A.K., Older Adult Connections,” Segment on Living Wills, Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care, AIB, 2001.
- Author: “Required Retirement Plan Distributions Depend on Beneficiary Designations,” Medical Practice Management, March, April, 2000.
- Speaker: “Estate Planning Fundamentals,” Georgia Society of CPAs, 1999.
- Speaker: American Association of Attorney-CPAs, 1997.
- Co-Author: Sections on “Taxes, Wills, Trusts and Starting Your Own Business,”Women and the Law: A Guide to Women’s Legal Rights in Georgia, 1996.
Selected Honors and Awards
- Personal Financial Specialist: AICPA accreditation
- Accredited Estate Planner, National Association of Estate Planners and Councils, 1995 – present
- American Academy of Attorney-CPAs, President, 2002 – 2003, Board Member, 1986 – present, and Chair, Estate Planning Committee, 2003 – 2007.
- Atlanta Tax Forum, President, 2009-2010, Past President 2010-2011, Director, 2005 – present
- Member: Leadership Atlanta
- Atlanta Estate Planning Council
- Atlanta Bar Association, Tax Section Past Chair 2015-2017, Chair 2013-2015, Chair Elect 2011 – 2013, Secretary-Treasurer 2010-2011, Board of Directors 2009 – 2015, Member, Estate Planning & Probate Section
- Atlanta Bar Foundation Fellow
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta Fellow
- State Bar of Georgia (Member, Fiduciary Law Section, Tax Section)
- American Bar Association (Member, Probate & Real Property and Tax Sections.)
Mr. Saylor is active in the Atlanta community. He has served on The Atlanta Symphony Orchestra Board, The Leadership Atlanta Program Executive Committee, as Treasurer of The Atlanta Junior Rowing Association and The Children’s School and Co-President of Trinity School Parents, Teachers, Students Association. Murray is Past-President of The University of Pennsylvania, Atlanta Alumni Association and is a Past Treasurer of the Georgian Chamber Players. He is on the advisory board of the Brain Injury Association of Georgia, and is a member of The Ansley Park Civic Association and The Ansley Golf Club. Jackie and Murray have been long time contributors to the “I Have a Dream” program to support students from elementary school through college as well as Sponsors of the Sawbones (doctors) vs. Jawbones (lawyers) basketball game to benefit Side by Side Brain Injury Center. They also contributed to the Martin Luther King, Jr. Papers at Morehouse College, and this contribution is noted on the wall of the Center for Civil and Human Rights. Additionally, they support the High Museum of Art as Circle/Cornerstone members and are regular sponsors of and volunteers for the Ansley Park Tour of Homes. They or The Saylor Law Firm have been sponsors of Atlanta Bar Association events, Stonewall Bar Association events, GreenLaw’s “Environmental Heroes” celebration, the Piedmont Park Conservancy’s Landmark Luncheon, and Trees Atlanta events. The Saylor Law Firm is also a sponsor of the Atlanta Bar’s Women in the Profession Section. Both Jackie and Murray are Atlanta Bar Foundation Fellows which support Pro Bono Projects in the Bar and the community. Murray has volunteered for years at the Probate Information Center (PIC) of the Fulton County Probate Court.